This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
This pearl couscous salad is simply what you want for all your summer season potlucks. The couscous is cooked in vegetable broth to make it fluffy and flavorful, then it’s mixed with recent veggies, feta cheese, and a zesty lemon French dressing for the last word Mediterranean taste mixture!
Seeking to swap up your summer season salad recreation? After you make this pearl couscous salad, strive quinoa salad or Greek orzo salad! They’re mild and recent however full of hearty pasta and grains.
Pearl Couscous Salad
Pearl couscous (often known as Israeli couscous) is a bit greater than common Moroccan couscous. Due to this, it’s the right measurement for throwing into summer season salads! When you’ve by no means tried this pearl-shaped pasta, you’re going to adore it. While you cook dinner it in broth (at present I’m utilizing vegetable) it turns into mild, fluffy, and so flavorful!
At the moment’s pearl couscous salad recipe has a scrumptious Mediterranean twist. I added chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese, all coated in a beautiful lemon French dressing. And naturally, each Mediterranean dish wants some recent herbs, so this salad is full of recent chopped parsley. Belief me, this recipe goes to be a game-changer for all your summer season barbecues.
Apart from the couscous, this salad makes use of lots of nice elements. It’s jam-packed with recent veggies and a home made lemon French dressing you’ll love! I’ve linked my recipe under. It’s also possible to discover precise measurements within the recipe card on the finish of the put up.
- Further Virgin Olive Oil: For toasting your couscous in.
- Pearl Couscous: That is the star of the present, a small pasta constructed from semolina flour! Some debate whether or not it’s a grain or a pasta, however one factor is for sure- it provides the BEST texture to this salad!
- Vegetable Broth: As soon as the couscous is toasted, then it’s cooked on this broth to make it fluffy and add taste. It’s also possible to use hen or mushroom broth if you happen to favor.
- Lemon Juice: As a result of no Mediterranean recipe is full with out a splash of lemon juice!
- Garlic Powder: The savory taste helps to stability out the lemon juice and French dressing.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to style.
- Recent Parsley: A good way so as to add an additional pop of taste! It’s also possible to use basil, mint, or rosemary.
- English Cucumber: Cucumbers are a should for any summer season salad. They’ve one of the best crunch and are so refreshing!
- Grape Tomatoes: Add slightly shade and sweetness to the pearl couscous salad.
- Purple Onion: Chopped pink onions add a tasty crunch and savory taste to the salad.
- Crumbled Feta Cheese: For some tangy, tacky taste.
- Simple Lemon French dressing: The most effective dressing to toss your pearl couscous salad in! It’s shiny, tangy, and coats the couscous and veggies completely.
How one can Make Pearl Couscous Salad
All it’s a must to do is toast your couscous, then toss all your elements collectively! It’s so easy! You’ll have it prepared in lower than half-hour.
- Toast Couscous: Warmth your olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium excessive warmth. Add in your couscous and toast it within the oil for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Prepare dinner in Broth: As soon as the couscous is toasted, add within the vegetable broth, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Carry the liquid to a rolling boil. Scale back warmth to low, cowl, and simmer the couscous for 13-Quarter-hour.
- Simmer: Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork. The entire liquid ought to be absorbed so proceed to simmer for a number of extra minutes if there’s liquid remaining.
- Put together French dressing: Whereas the couscous cooks, put together the French dressing by following the linked recipe and set it apart.
- Take away From Warmth: As soon as the couscous is totally cooked and tender, take away it from the warmth.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, pink onion, parsley, feta, and French dressing.
- Toss and Serve: Gently toss to coat the elements and serve!
Like different pasta salads, this pearl couscous salad is tremendous customizable. Swap out the dressing, use totally different veggies, the selection is yours!
- Use a Completely different Dressing: When you don’t wish to use lemon French dressing to your pearl couscous salad, you may swap it out for issues like Greek salad dressing, balsamic French dressing, or Inexperienced goddess dressing. You would additionally add a drizzle of tzatziki sauce if you happen to’d like.
- Extra Combine-Ins: Be happy to throw in kalamata olives, sliced avocados, chickpeas, bell peppers, butternut squash, cauliflower, broccoli, pine nuts, or inexperienced onions to your pearl couscous salad.
- Add Herbs: As a substitute of parsley, strive including recent mint or recent basil for some aromatics and taste!
Storing Leftover Pearl Couscous Salad
I really feel like this pearl couscous salad nearly tastes higher the longer it’s saved. This permits the French dressing to sink into the pasta, giving it extra taste in every chunk! This salad can also be nice for making forward and taking up the go. That’s why it’s so good for potlucks!
- Within the Fridge: Leftovers might be stored in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as per week.
Warmth your olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium excessive warmth. Add in your couscous and toast it within the oil for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
As soon as the couscous is toasted, add within the vegetable broth, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Carry the liquid to a rolling boil. Scale back warmth to low, cowl, and simmer the couscous for 13-Quarter-hour.
Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork. The entire liquid ought to be absorbed so proceed to simmer for a number of extra minutes if there’s liquid remaining.
Whereas the couscous cooks, put together the French dressing by following the linked recipe and set it apart.
As soon as the couscous is totally cooked and tender, take away it from the warmth.
Add the cucumber, tomatoes, pink onion, parsley, feta, and French dressing. Gently toss to coat the elements and serve!
Leftovers might be stored in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as per week.
Energy220kcal (11%)Carbohydrates37g (12%)Protein7g (14%)Fats5g (8%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats3gLdl cholesterol4mg (1%)Sodium763mg (32%)Potassium151mg (4%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A489IU (10%)Vitamin C7mg (8%)Calcium42mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data is predicated on third get together calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.